How much time do you devote to English every day? A question that can baffle many of us, because there are so many things to do during the day, and English only has some 30 minutes in the evening, when we have no power any more.
But what if you can have the opportunity to learn English and at the same time please yourself and your loved ones with something delicious?
By studying recipes in English, you will quickly and easily master the necessary vocabulary on the topic of food and cooking and will be happy to share new recipes with your friends who are also learning English.
Let's look at how easy and interesting it is to learn vocabulary on a topic using the example of a recipe for making dumplings.
- 3,5 glasses of flour (+ a bit more for rolling) - мука;
- 5 eggs;
- 2 teaspoons salt (for stuffing and dough);
- Pepper to taste;
- 1 kg meat (500g pork and 500g beef);
- 500g onions
Now that all the ingredients have been collected, it's time to start cooking.
- Take 3 glasses of flour and sift it into a deep bowl.
- Put the eggs into a cup and add some salt.
- Fill the rest of the cup with water and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with flour.
- Mix everything thoroughly as the dough should be homogeneous. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Put the dough on the table, add some more flour (if necessary), then knead it for at least 7-10 minutes. Then wrap it in a plastic bag and put it into the fridge.
- Rinse beef and pork. Dry and mince the meat. You can use minced meat.
- Peel onions, mince them or chop in a blender. Then add onions to the meat seasoning with some salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- When filing is ready, you can start making dumplings. Roll the dough into a sausage shape and cut it into pieces.
- Dust the worktop with some flour and roll each piece into a thin flat cake.
- Pinch edges firmly.
- Bring the corners together.
- Place the dumplings on a flour-dusted surface.
- Cook the dumplings in boiling water for about 10 minutes, adding some grains of salt and bay leaves to taste.
- Put the dumplings onto the plates and add some sauce or sour cream to taste.
Enjoy your meal!
Author: German Goryaynov